Thursday, October 7, 2010

26" does not equal 36"

Lesson learned: do not cut fabric late at night.  In the morning the pieces will not be the right size!

I was cutting out pieces for a simple quilt I am making for my cousin's baby. (I think it is for him, anyway. Sometimes the planed receiver changes several times when I am making something.)  When I came back to the project the next day, I discovered the strips of brown corduroy I cut for a border were too short- by up to 10"!  Luckily it was a simple fix.  Cut the center fabric down an inch, add squares of fabric at the corners.  Looks like I meant to do that!

Now, does the no late night rule apply to batting?  And I have a feeling I am not doing this part in the "right" way.  I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment