Sunday, January 30, 2011

Beer Gloves

These gloves (Beer Gloves by Kurt Fausset) are my new favorite knitting project.
Finished.


The pattern is written for two circular needles, but I prefer double pointed. 

I thought they looked kind of fun with the double pointed needles still in them.

I love the yarn (Lion Brand's Amazing) - really great color and texture for an inexpensive yarn.


The "Whale Spine" cable pattern cured my fear of cables.  It was very simple and easy to repeat from memory, yet resulted in such a satisfying cable!




The pattern also included a textured patch on the palm for opening twist off beer bottle caps, from wich the name of the pattern originates I assume.




I really love the gloves, but they are definitely sized for a man's hands.


Too big!

So I am going to alter the pattern to fit my hands.  I think I will also change the cable to a leafy vine pattern.  I found a pattern that I like, but have to translate it for knitting in the round with double pointed needles.  I may also try to alter the texture on the palm to provide some padding for biking.

Challenges, challenges!  I love it.  I learn so much working this stuff out on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment